Wednesday, February 27, 2019

6 Days!
Yes! 6 days and I will land in Ukraine about 2pm and be in Kremenchuk probably by 7pm or so!! You all have made this possible and I am so thankful to all of you for joining me in this mission and making this work come alive!
Right now, I’m sitting in my oldest son’s home (Butch – Doug Jr.) and writing this to you. Butch has gone to work, the kids are at school, except for Eli the youngest, which my daughter-in-law, Erin has taken to a Doctor’s appointment. So much has happened the last couple of weeks. I’ve sold most all my possessions that I could, have packed out my house with TONS of help from my brothers and sisters in Christ from the Ephrata church of Christ. Several also saw to it that not only was the house emptied out, but they did a tremendous job have doing most of the cleaning of the house so that I could get my deposit back. One sweet sister is still selling some of my things online for me! My family here, Butch and Erin are going to continue to sell my car. There has been so much to do, and I have had so much blessed help!
Saturday, March 2, about 1pm I fly out to Dallas where I will spend a couple of days with my oldest daughter, Jenise and family and fly out of there for Ukraine about 2pm the 4th and arrive in Ukraine about 2pm the 5th. It’s actually about a 16-hour trip with short layovers in Atlanta and Paris, France.
I will make a trip into Poland to get my visa (I can’t even begin to explain all the reasons behind this, but it is what I must do.) After I get my 90 day visa, then I apply for Temporary Residency which is good for one year. At the conclusion of that one year I will then be able to apply for Permanent Residency. These Residencies will allow me to come and go as I want or need to without any more visas! It is a hassle, but I think it will be worth it!
Once I’m back from getting my Visa, then I will begin my work in earnest. I will strive to pick up where Michael left of and build upon that. I will start going into the schools around the area where I live and offer my English and Bible services to those schools. I will also advertise our English Bible Clubs as free English lessons in the schools and Universities to be held at my apartment (church building for the time being). We will also advertise the English Clubs in newspapers and as World English Institute on line. We are setting ourselves up to be a contact source for the WEI.
We are striving to strengthen the Christians that we are working with and reaching out to the lost. I’m so excited to be involved with this work again!
I will be taking a lot of pictures as I go along and will post them here on my blog and I’m sure I’ll be posting them as well online. If you want, you can contact me on Facebook as Doug Berry. I’m the one wearing a blue sweater and holding my youngest granddaughter! Another way you can contact us is on the phone app: Viber. My phone number will be changing to a Ukrainian number, but if you connect right away with me on Viber you can find me at: 509-761-1375.
Ok. Bye for now! I will write a short blog, hopefully next Wednesday after I get up and around! I will be 10 hours ahead of PST, 8 from CST and 7 from EST.
God bless!
Doug

1 comment: