Monday, March 23, 2020

ENCOURAGEMENTS March 16-22 2020


Monday Encouragement
Read your Bible every day! Read God’s Word and let Him speak to you to encourage you and convict you to live your life better so you can be more like Him as the day of Jesus’ coming comes close to us. Read not to fulfill duty, but to learn what God wants to tell you. God is waiting for you to pick up His love letter to you! Today, be filled with Him and His love for you!

Tuesday Encouragement
Prayer holds me together and keeps me connected to God. Sometimes it “seems” like I’m all alone. In reality, I KNOW that is not true. When it seems that way, I know that God is always there.
Psalms 142:1-5 “I cry aloud with my voice to the Lord; I make supplication with my voice to the Lord. 2 I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare my trouble before Him. 3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, You knew my path. In the way where I walk, they have hidden a trap for me.  4 Look to the right and see; for there is no one who regards me; there is no escape for me; no one cares for my soul.  5 I cried out to You, O Lord; I said, "You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.”
When we rely upon the Lord and cry out to Him we can know that He knows our path and our walk in this life! We know that He is righteous and Holy for He is our refuge! I know God is true for He cannot lie!
Then as the writer finishes this Psalm in verse 7, "Bring my soul out of prison, so that I may give thanks to Your name; The righteous will surround me, for You will deal bountifully with me." God, without doubt surrounds us with the righteous and is bountiful to us! Praise God!

Wednesday Encouragement
I don’t know about you, but I am a planner. I like things ordered and planned out for today and for the future. However, most of our plans have changed or at least been altered by the circumstances of life. James 4:14-15 says, “Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” This is one of the keys about life and time. That key is putting everything in the Lord’s hands and realizing that it is the Lord’s will we need to be trusting in.
Another key to understand time is found in 1 Peter 5:6-7. It says, “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” Did you get that? Humble yourself to God and give Him ALL your anxiety! Why? Give Him your time, your life and your future because He cares for you!

Thursday Encouragement
James 1:12 “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” God is speaking to Christians that are under trials of life. Now our world is under trial. We as Christians need to stand strong and faithful through these trials so that the world can see our strength comes from faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
In the same light, Christians, when we stand faithfully, obedient and strong in Jesus Christ, God promises us the crown of life which is eternal life! This promise is for those who love Him! Jesus said in John 14:15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.”

Friday Encouragement
It is time for Christians to really make a difference! What a great opportunity God has given us! That means to stand up and proclaim Jesus. That means it time to serve and give. That means it time to love like God loves us. It’s time show the world that we are who are and what we stand for. The world needs faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love!

Saturday Encouragement
I was thinking how great it would be when everything gets back to normal. I don’t want that! I don't want things to get back to normal, I want the world to be better than ever! To turn to God! To be kinder and more loving! The Apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:12-14 “Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Let us become greater than we are and become all that God wants us to be!



Sunday Encouragement
Everyone is loved and important to God. We all know that all people don’t care about God, but maybe more and more people are starting to turn to God than ever before. I recently read that because of the very difficult times in Italy, many of the atheistic doctors and nurses are turning to God for help. 1 Timothy 2:3-4 (read the whole context of 1 Timothy 2) says, “This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
God wants ALL to come to Him and be saved through Jesus Christ! True righteousness is life in God. Proverbs 11:30 says, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise wins souls.” As Christians, we have our part to play to remind the world that God does love us and care for us. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for us to take our sins away!

No comments:

Post a Comment